What information do I need to apply for a mortgage?
Delivering thorough and detailed documents to your lender is critical to loan approval by the underwriter. A list documents include:
1. Social security numbers for both your and your spouse, if both of you are applying for the loan
2. Copies of your checking and savings account statements for the past 6 months
3. Evidence of any other assets like bonds or stocks
4. A recent paycheck stub detailing your earnings
5. A list of all credit card accounts and the approximate monthly amounts owed on each
6. A list of account numbers and balances due on outstanding loans, such as car loans
7. Copies of your last 2 years' income tax statements
8. The name and address of someone who can verify your employment.
Depending on your lender, you may be asked for other information